Our annual Fall Open House for prospective families will be held October 24, 2015 from 10;00am to 12:30pm. Bring the prospective children and your questions, and come see the space and meet our friendly teachers as well as some of the current parents.
Our yearly Kid's Stuff Yard Sale will be held October 3rd, 2015 from 8am to 1pm at the Community Church.
ESNS Families will donate gently used items and all proceeds benefit the school to offset tuition costs. Its a great event every year that helps reuse, recycle, and support ESNS.
ESNS Families will come together starting at 5pm, September 16, at Gladys Potter Park (Humboldt Park). Click here for a Google Map.
Bring your dinner and meet the other kids and families in the community. A great way to get to know your child's new school friends.
If you like our page on Facebook, you will be able to subscribe to any Event that we create there. Check it out!
There are some important dates coming up at East Side Nursery School! The full school calendar is available in the Parents section, but please make sure your own calendar is up to date with all these September happenings:
- Tuesday September 8: All-Parents' Meeting, 6:30 p.m. At least one parent from each family MUST attend.
- Wednesday September 9: Orientation day for MWF class, 10:00-11:00 a.m., followed by playground time. NOTE: this is NOT a full school day. Parents remain at the school with their children.
- Thursday September 10: Orientation day for T/TH class, 10:00-11:00 a.m., followed by playground time. NOTE: This is NOT a full school day. Parents remain at school with their children.
- Friday September 11: First day of school for MWF class, 8:45-12:00; optional lunch 12:00-1:00; optional extended day program 1:00-2:30
- Monday September 14: NO SCHOOL due to Rosh Hashanah
- Tuesday September 15: First day of school for T/TH class, 8:45-12:00
- Wednesday September 16: ESNS Family Picnic, 5:00 p.m. at Gladys Potter Park (Humboldt Park)
- Wednesday September 23: NO SCHOOL due to Yom Kippur
ESNS will begin accepting applications for 2016-2017 school year on September 1, 2015. Children must be 3 or 4 by September 1st in order to enroll.
We are having our end-of-the-year family picnic on June 4 at 5:00 p.m. at Gladys Potter Park (aka Humboldt Park). Please bring a picnic dinner for your family and ESNS will supply the watermelon! This is a fun time for all families, new and old, to get together to visit and play. Please RSVP on our Facebook event page. We hope to see you there!
This article was recently published in the New York Times about the research-supported importance of play-based education for young children. ESNS is pleased to be a place where play-based learning is available and thriving for families with young children in our community.
Last week, we completed our unit on woodworking, one of our favorites at East Side Nursery School. We worked with hammers, a hand drill, and screwdrivers. We also sanded wood in the sand area. In our Science area, we investigated wood and explored fulcrums and pulleys. In blocks we explored ramps and added Large Hollow Blocks to the area. And we read books about tools during storytime. One of the parents in our community cut up lots of interesting pieces of wood that we used to create interesting sculptures, too! It was a fun month!